Not only does it make your belly look fat, but it makes you feel pretty blah too. And you have a party tonight! Fortunately, if you’re wondering about how to get rid of bloating fast, we got your back, and your bloated belly!
Unless it’s caused by a medical condition, you can usually “de-bloat” fairly quickly in a number of ways. Bloating is most often the result of a buildup of gas in your digestive system. The gas could be caused by something you ate, constipation or an imbalance of bacteria in your gut, which could result from lactose intolerance. Bloating is sometimes attributed to water retention, but, generally speaking, water retention doesn’t produce the same symptoms or require the same treatments as bloating.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Bloating Fast
When you feel bloated, it helps to understand exactly what may have contributed to the bloating. When you get a handle on what produces gas and bloating in your system, the first step to prevent bloating is easy: stop whatever you’re eating that produces gas in your digestive tract.
- Get Active - Even just going for a walk or doing some yoga poses can get your digestive system moving and reduce the bloating.
- Stay Hydrated - As you get more active, it’s more important than usual to drink water. Dehydration can make symptoms of constipation worse. Water can also help get things moving again too.
- Try Anti-Gas Medications - Try an over-the-counter anti-gas relief medication, making sure you follow the dosage instructions on the label.
- Massage Your Abdomen - Gently massage around your stomach area with circular motions. The massaging action can help get your bowels moving. Stop if you feel any pain or undue discomfort.
- Wear Shapewear - Anti-cellulite shapewear, like Mass & Slim’s slimming waist shaper, exerts gentle compression and a massaging action as you wear them to help unblock your digestive system.
If you liked this post, check out our recent that tells you about three essential oils for cellulite reduction.